Everyone wants to be “in the game”. If you agree, then you definitely want to get the most out of your e-commerce store. Therefore, for better functionality in order to stay competitive and offer top service to customers, you need to make a mandatory focus on your online promotion and website development by making use of the most important Magento 2 extensions.
Magento 2 is a great e-commerce platform developed to provide the hand of help to merchants in boosting sales and business globally. To take advantage of the platform's benefits, you need to know about 10 must-have Magento 2 extensions that will help you in enhancing the functionality of your website.
Without further ado, here is a list of 10 must-have extensions that will be your driving e-commerce force.
With the Free Gift for Magento 2 extension, you will get five promo actions that automatically add discounted and free products to your cart. In addition, display attractive banners to customers to inform them of offers and also allow them to select a gift voucher from the promoted items. Additional features include:
- Detailed information on gift voucher effectiveness with add-on
- In-stock products only are auto-added
- Ability to add non-free and free items
The Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension will make things easy and convenient for users by offering a one-step checkout process. This will improve the abandonment rate among carts site wide as well as improve conversion rates. The extension also offers:
- An optimized checkout page
- Ability to recover an abandoned cart
- Advanced quick cart
- Custom checkout fields
Set an alert for your customers on the products they are missing. This Out of Stock Notification extension helps customers know the stock update they are looking to buy and keeps them updated on prices. This will help you understand which products are most in-demand in order to plan for a timely restock. Additional inclusions:
- Allows product and price subscriptions
- Includes an analytics dashboard that checks user behavior
- Sends update notifications to guest visitors and customers
- Gives notifications about low stock to merchant admin
- Offers easy management of subscription within users' accounts
The Store Pickup for Magento 2 extension allows merchants to provide customers with a convenient mode of in-store pickup, where customers can add time and date by offering additional shipping method options. In addition, this solution assists merchants in increasing shopping convenience and drive-in sales, and allows you to:
- Add unlimited store locations and pickup
- Enables customers to choose the closest pick-up store
- Add all important pickup details, including store images, phone number, reviews, etc.
- Access the latitude and longitude of the listed store
- Specify the dates and time slots available of the pickup store
In the “My Account” section for customers, this Shipping Tracker extension will provide them with Order Tracking functionality. This extension is best to keep customers informed about where their order is currently, and helps you build a relationship and trust with customers while creating a great user experience. Some additional details:
- Supports USPS, Trackon, Bluedart, etc. carriers for shipment
- Sends order Tracking ID to the customer via SMS
- Uses the tabular format to display shipping information
- Tracks shipment from the order page directly
This is an amazing Magento 2 extension that will help you add a robust feature to your products. You can easily add multiple fees to your products in order to make pricing clearer for your customers. Highlights include:
- Ability to reate multiple numbers of custom fees
- Percentage and fixed fee calculation
- Display of multiple fees on the cart and checkout pages
- Shipping and payment methods as the surcharge basis
- Fees display flexible method
This is one of the best store usability extensions. It improves all aspects of layered navigation: product filters, performance and visual customization. Also, it allows merchants to add an "all products" page, standalone brand pages and offers the assistance to retool the category pages for excessive scrolling. Other features:
- Quick layered navigation
- Enhanced conversions through smart navigation
- Infinite scrolling set up
- Improved usability
- Streamlined product filters
The Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 extension helps customers find what they are searching for easily by displaying related search items on the website. In using this extension, merchants are more likely to boost sales through an increase in average orders. Key highlights of the extension include:
- Automatic rule-based algorithm usage to provide related items to cross-sells and up-sells.
- Displaying items on products, shopping carts, category pages and in custom positions
- Data-driven recommendation algorithm
- With PWA add-ons, improves mobile shopping
- Offering bundle packs with percentage or fixed discount
Make customer navigation over your entire website easier and more fruitful by adding the Magento 2 Mega Menu extension. It will help in creating attractive and dynamic navigation without requiring a ton of technical skill. Other highlights:
- Provides multiple layouts for menu display
- Allows you to add images, products, CMS blocks, links, brands, etc.
- Ability to apply a hamburger menu
- Enhances mobile shopping
- Makes menu items attractive via eye-catching labels
Editor’s note: BSS is currently working on an upgrade so sales are temporarily locked for this extension.
Are you fed up with an automatic shipping calculator providing you with incorrect shipping rates? Worry not. This plugin helps store admins set global and individual shipping prices for products based on their requirements.
Key features of this extension are:
- Ability to choose country-specific shipping rates
- Shows individual shipping rate for each product
- Flexible shipping rate for a specified product
- Store admin can set shipping per product price using via CSV file
Before you choose any Magento 2 extensions, do your homework. Think about which extensions are the best fit for your store and your customers. All the extensions we have mentioned can help you enhance the functionality of your store and boost sales. So, make your decision wisely!
Vishal Lakhani is the founder and CEO of MageAnts. As a certified Magento 2 solutions specialist, Vishal has played a key role in developing Magento solutions offerings and executing growth strategies at MageAnts.