Magento Association Seeks Candidates for Board of Directors
This post was published previously under the original Magento Association blog. We felt the historical posts are an important part of our story.
As a member-volunteer led community, the Magento Association will advance and empower its global community and commerce ecosystem through open collaboration, education, and thought leadership. The responsibility of its Board of Directors will be to oversee community programming within community published bylaws, policies, and financial governance.
Currently, the association is led by a global community Task Force which is actively seeking applicants for the inaugural Board of Directors. This will comprise of six to nine members with experience spanning industries, job families, and regions. First-year board members will build on the work of the Magento Association Task Force, continuing the Association mission and leading a membership-based organization.
The ideal candidate for the Magento Association Board of Directors…
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Associatio
- Embrace the culture of the Association and of the community as a whole
- Understand the long-term vision of the community and the Association
- Trusted by the community and other board member
- Accepting of all opinions, backgrounds, and tradition
- Motivates volunteers and community member
- Have a strong record of participation within the Magento community
Joining the board means helping advance and empower the Magento Community and commerce ecosystem, but it does come with some important responsibilities.
Candidates should be prepared to meet the following expectations:
- Board members serve two to three-year terms (inaugural Board begins January 2019)
- No two employees of one organization can serve at the same time
- Board members can expect eight to 10 hours of monthly service (non-contiguous time)
- Board members can expect travel twice yearly (two to four days per trip)
Are you up for the challenge?
Important Dates (Subject to Change)
- Monday, November 5: Call for nominations
- Friday, November 16: Window for nominations closes
- Monday, December 3: First round of candidate notifications
- Wednesday, December 12: Candidate interviews begin
- Friday, December 21: Second round candidate notifications and announcement of inaugural Board of Directors
- January 2019: First Board of Directors meeting
We welcome all applicants and if you are interested in serving on the inaugural Magento Association Board of Directors, please apply before November 16.
If you have questions before applying or would like to nominate another community member, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you aren’t ready to serve on the board, there will still be plenty of opportunities for Magento community members to get involved with Association committees and programs available to get involved within 2019. Stay tuned!